Dinky Little Cards | Teen Ink

Dinky Little Cards

June 6, 2024
By Anonymous

The thought of Valentine’s Day always takes me back to Elementary School. When everyone would bring those dinky little Valentine Cards to school to give out during class, and my mom having a list of everyone in my class so I didn’t forget anyone because I most certainly would’ve. And I never read the valentines either, I only wanted the candy. Sometimes and rarely, when I did read them, I would most likely just throw them away due to them being corny or having one of those dumb, rancor, foul creatures, yellow skin and wearing overalls and big goofy goggles from Despicable Me holding a heart, the ones that grandmas and moms post way to much on social medias such as Facebook along with having at least 1TB of gifs of them saying something dumb such as “BANANA!” in about a million ways. I strongly dislike minions, they ruin holidays; and if I could I'd punch one in the face. But as I grow and get older, I get discretion when it comes to Valentine's Day. I get less about getting candy and stupid minion cards, and more about its true meaning, love, and showing affection to those you care about. So in the end, Valentine's Day isn’t that bad and I have ascertained that I still despise minions…


The author's comments:

I don't like minions