How to have the perfect concert experience | Teen Ink

How to have the perfect concert experience

By mathews13 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
mathews13 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin

Ingredients:

1. One best friend
2. Two overpriced concert tickets
3. A span of time prior to the concert
4. A pinch of pleading
5. A bundle of matching clothes
6. A sprinkle of rule breaking
7. A heap of excitement
8. A camera
9. A lifetime of laughs

Directions:

1. With your best friend, purchase two overpriced tickets to a concert.
2. In the time prior to the concert, create a playlist of your favorite songs by that artist (if you do not know many songs add random ones or look up their set list) and listen to the playlist nonstop.
3. Plead and beg each of your and your friend’s parents for a ride to the concert until one finally caves and agrees to drive you.
4. Once the concert day arrives, put on your matching clothes and get into the car of the pushover parent.
5. Blast your playlist on the way to the show.
6. Determine where to meet with the parent after the concert. Then have the parent drop you off wherever it seems convenient (feel free to disregard any signs that say “Not a Drop Off Lane”).
7. Get very excited as you find your seats (or if you are in a standing pit grab hands with your friends and squirm your way as close to the front as you can manage).
8. Laugh, scream, sing, and dance once the concert starts.
9. Take lots of pictures of you and your friend.
10. Find your way back to the car (it is recommended that you link arms to avoid getting lost in the crowd).
11. Look through pictures and recount every detail of the concert to the parent on the ride home.