Everyday Overthinking of a Lovesick Teen | Teen Ink

Everyday Overthinking of a Lovesick Teen

By MJKing SILVER, Indiana, Pennsylvania
MJKing SILVER, Indiana, Pennsylvania

"What good are words, when a smile says it all?"

There were once two people, a boy and a girl. The boy loved the girl, and he missed her every minute of the day. He tried to express his love for the girl, but she wrote it off as mere playfulness. The boy knew not how to convey his feelings, so he became silent. Forever. And as a result, they never came to be. And they boy couldn't tell if the latter outcome, being after he confesses his feelings, would be any better than this? It's so disheartening. Depressing. But what can he do? Hug her? Hold her hand? Ask her to dance? Will he come across as weird? Stupid? Desperate? He knows not, so he is so he silently observes from afar, pondering, his heart wilting and withering like a rose left out in the cold, bitter snow. His lungs fill with ice, and his veins with frost, until her is little more than nothing. Insignificant, loveless, and utterly alone. And the irony of it all, is that if he had only told her his feelings, she would have loved him back. But, alas, he is nothing, she is nothing, but she is his everything. 

MJKing SILVER said...
MJKing SILVER, Indiana, Pennsylvania

Thank you TheRareBreed ! I read some of your stuff and am thoroughly entertained. I revised this and I hope it gets published in a day or so. <3

TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan

“The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I guess that means we're just products of whoever made us and we don't have much control. The thing is, when people use that phrase, they ignore the most critical part: the falling. Within the logic of that saying, the apple falls every single time. Not falling isn't an option. So, if the apple has to fall, the most important question in my mind is what happens to it upon hitting the ground? Does it touch down with barely a scratch? Or does it smash on impact? Two vastly different fates. When you think about it, who cares about its proximity to the tree or what type of tree spawned it? What really makes all the difference, then, is how we land.”
― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

No worries on the typos, as ill be real I didn't even notice I was so enraptured by your words. cant wait to see more from you. -TheRareBreed

MJKing SILVER said...
MJKing SILVER, Indiana, Pennsylvania

I just realized there are typos, I said "he is so he" which is wrong, and "until her" which should be "until he" so I am releasing a revised version ASAP.