I Smile My Smile Beneath the Covers | Teen Ink

I Smile My Smile Beneath the Covers

By kapella PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona
kapella PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

Be optimistic dont you be a grumpy when the road gets bumpy just smile smile smile dont wear a frown its never in style be optimistic and smile! - Anywhere But Here

My smile comes from him
From him comes my smile
My friend is all he is
I wish for more than this
For my laughter he brings out
He makes me laugh about
the little things in life
And so my smile comes tonight
as I think of no one other
I smile beneath the covers

This is for none other than the one person I truly feel for but haven't had the courage to tell. I think of him often and hope he feels the way I do.

kapella PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

Thank you wolffaery62 for reading my poem. It means a lot to me when others take the time to read my poetry. Thanks.

kapella PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

Thank you Jennnnnnn for your advice about my poem. I really appreciate you reading it. I have written other longer, more detailed poems but they're still up for review by the website. So once they go up please feel free to comment on them as well.Any advice is always welcome, thanks.

kapella PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

I'd really like to thank you jesus_freak_and_proud_of_it. Thank you for responding to my poem. It really means a lot to me, especially coming from a guy's point of view. Thank you for the encouragement and I have decided to tell him how I feel. So for everybody who's keeping track Wish me luck! Thanks again.

on Jun. 12 2009 at 3:19 am
burritocat SILVER, Denver, Colorado

What matters an eternity of damnation to someone who has found in one second the infinity of joy? - Charles Baudelaire

i really loved your poem-!

on Jun. 12 2009 at 2:50 am
jennnnnnn BRONZE, Irvine, California
this is a really simplistic but cute poem. with a little more creativity and practice, you could write a really really great poem.

good work :) comment back please!

on Jun. 12 2009 at 2:10 am
Jesus_Freak_And_Proud_Of_It GOLD, Harrisburg, North Carolina
The most important things Are the things of this moment. So why worry about tomorrow When we can make the best of today? I really love this. It's absolutely amazing. I can't say that I know how you feel, exactly, because I haven't been through anything like that, but I have been close to many people that have been through it. I know it's hard, but you really have to find the courage to tell him how you feel. The thing about relationships is that, well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There's no way for you to know whether or not you're going to regret not saying something until it's too late. The closes thing to an experience like this that I've had, is when I was with my first girlfriend. We were together for a year and a half. I loved her. But then came along another girl, who really liked me, and I knew she did. But what I didn't know was that I was falling for her. Things hadn't been going too well for me and my girlfriend..her mom wasn't letting us see each other at all. I didn't realize I had stopped loving her until I realized that I liked the other girl. She was very persistent, which was unusual for her, but she ended up getting me. Sorry, that was kind of off-topic. But the way it ties- in, is that I didn't even think about liking the other girl, now my girlfriend, until she told me how she felt, knowing I had a girlfriend. If she had given up on me like she did everyone else, I would still be with my first girlfriend, probably miserable because I couldn't see her. My point is, tell him. No matter what the result is, there is no way it'll be worse than what will happen if you don't tell him and end up losing him one way or another. Good luck, I'll be praying for you.

kapella PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

Thank you Jaquie rof your comment. It really means a lot to me when others read and comment on my work. Also, thank you for the encouragement I'm glad you are hoping for me.Thank you for reading.

Jaquie BRONZE said...
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

Wow. I hope he feels that way for you too! Because that was amazing! I absolutely loved it! It makes me want to weep, and cry, and squeal,like and obsessive fan-girl all at once! You have a real gift. This is truly one of the better pieces that I read on this site.... And well; I've read a lot. That was amazing! Keep writing!

God bless,

...,