Hunger | Teen Ink

Hunger

By MattRgrs PLATINUM, Maplewood, New Jersey
MattRgrs PLATINUM, Maplewood, New Jersey

I want to call out the monsters from the closets and beneath the beds for I am tired of this dancing game.
Given the chance to throw all fists in the air, I would keep my arms steady.
Your words cut the radio chatter from my eyes like lightning bolts.
Frankly it’s the uncertainty that really kills me.
If the boogieman really will smother me with my own pillow, at least let him be kind enough to say so.
And for all things I have done half heartedly, I am convinced my heart is in half.
And when these things crawl out from the closet I wish not to say I told you so.
I wish never to speak again.
Given the chance to feast I would go hungry, because all in all, it wasn’t worth my time.
And for now on all that will fill me is fury.
Blind, silent fury.

This one i like the most.

Acalleq PLATINUM, Togiak, Alaska

you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have

you totally rock now in my opinion, how do you do it? are you a reincarnation of some famous writer ;)

Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. -Anne Lamott, from Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.

I absolutly love this poem, the sincerity and the depth of it just keeps me captivated in its walls.

LIV2011 BRONZE said...
LIV2011 BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
this was honestly moving. i loved every little thing about it. i wish that i could use words like you do. keep being who you are, because it made this poem stunning.

ivyonthewall said...
this is fantastic! i love it :) great work. keep writing

krzykrys GOLD said...
krzykrys GOLD, Baldwinsville, New York

i have many favorite quotes

this is sad but so beautiful too. . . keep it up.

Well this poem of mine is mostly about my growing up over the past few years. My father asked me how I was dealing with growing up once, and I couldn't answer him. Also, I’ve never really conformed to anything at all. I know that everyone says that, but I don’t even fit in with those guys. I don’t drink and I don’t smoke. I don’t do anything just because other people do it too. I don’t think that makes me a hero, I just think it makes me lonely, but I don’t mind because there are worse things to be. That’s pretty much what this poem is about.

vivify said...
vivify, No, Alaska
This is...something similar to beautiful.

I'd love to know what inspired this, but then, I don't want to know either.

Carry on...you know what you're doing.