Two Happy Palm Trees | Teen Ink

Two Happy Palm Trees

By Maggie Ellingson SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Maggie Ellingson SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

The beach is the only thing that understands us. We are the only ones who understand the beach. Two swaying palm trees with long stems, swaying long hairs, and tropical colors. Two who are happy in there place and belong where they are. Sometimes when the angry winds pick up the trees begin to weep, but when the winds die and the sun comes alive, the trees are back to their happy selves.
Their beauty and strength is alive. They send good vibes throughout the beach and in the air. Damage is done. Every storm brings them down, yet it makes them stronger. This is how they are happy.
No one will forget about the two happy palm trees at the beach and how they stay together. Sway, Sway, Sway, they say as we sit on the beach. They relax.
When I am too stressed and unhappy to sway and relax, when I am scared and sad and against so many storms, then it is I look at the palm trees. When there is nothing left to look at on this beach. The two palm trees make me happy. Two who sway and no not forget to sway. Two whose only reason is to relax and be relaxed.