Rambling Autobiography II | Teen Ink

Rambling Autobiography II

January 11, 2019
By Clarianne48 BRONZE, Cincinati, Ohio
Clarianne48 BRONZE, Cincinati, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I had my ears pierced at 7 months old because I seemed like I was balding a little earlier than everyone else was. My tonsils were taken out while I was still in preschool and I lived off of slushies and ice cream for about two weeks straight. Those were the days. When I was 9 and on a canoe trip with my dad, he saved two complete strangers from drowning who didn’t even speak English but thanked us anyhow. I’m extremely afraid of the dark or rather what could be in it. This one time in fourth grade I got a 99% on a math test, the highest in my class of twenty-three. When I was ten I tripped over a caution sign and I heard people behind me snickering about it. One of my friends once told me “you know you’re really not as witchy as I thought you were going to be, you’re actually really nice” except she didn’t say witchy…My mom called my name while I was eating these really fresh and in season strawberries and I yelled back “Strawberries?” instead of yes. I once asked a priest if stepping on ants deliberately with no purpose was a sin and he rolled his eyes and asked me what I thought, then proceeded to tell me to say a few Hail Marys and Our Fathers. During Spring break of Eighth Grade, I went to Rome, Florence, Ancona, Meteora, Delphi, Athens within a span of 10 days! Imagine it being two in the morning, the day after Easter and the bus to get to the Athens airport doesn’t show up for about an hour. But you make it to the plane just fine after a taxi whisks you to the airport going one-thousand miles per hour. I got to pet a whole bunch of stray cats while visiting Delphi temples. There were very sweet, very welcoming cats EVERYWHERE in Greece. Lots of uninterested Dogs too. I sprained my ankle playing soccer once on the second day of freshman year and re-injured it only a few weeks later. This one time I was hiking and came face to face with an opossum hanging upside down and smiling at me. Right now, I’m a vegan who still eats fish and honey. I thought about joining the military or becoming a doctor in the military. Whatever I do I want to be remembered for the good that I did.


The author's comments:

I decided to write a Rambling Autobiography because I liked the possibility of giving other viewers insight into a few lessons I’ve learned and inspire people to embrace some of life's moments. While I wrote this piece I ended up inspiring myself to keep going because of how far I’ve come. I had also hoped it would poke fun at life a little too. Which is something I don’t often do because I worry so much. I figured “why not?” so I gave it my best shot.