Rookie Quarterback Embarasses Pack | Teen Ink

Rookie Quarterback Embarasses Pack

By Connor Wilcox GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Connor Wilcox GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

The Green Bay Packers suffered a humiliating loss to the winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers November 8th. The Buccaneers also put in a rookie quarterback for his first professional start.
In the beginning it appeared as though the Packers offense would dominate the entire game with a 74 yard touchdown pass to James Jones, and soon after a 32 yard touchdown pass to Donald Driver. Unfortunately special teams failed to get the job done. They were unable to block Ronde Barber which led to a blocked punt and was returned for a 31 yard touchdown. The offensive linemen also had a horrendous game after allowing six sacks on their quarterback Aaron Rodgers, however, the defense can’t take all the blame since Rodgers would not let go of the ball when he knew there was immediate pressure. Rodgers had one of the worst games of the season with three interceptions and a quarterback rating of 57.6. The Packers showed during this game that they were unable to change the issues within their team. The same problems this game have been consistent during the whole season, and now that the Packers right tackle Mark Tauscher was re-injured on his first game back, rookie T.J. Lang will have to step up and fill his position. Also injured during the game was Packers tight end Jermichael Finley.

After two straight losses the Packers are desperate for a win in Lambeau against the 6-2 Dallas cowboys if they want any chance in contending for the NFC wildcard.