Ending On A High Note | Teen Ink

Ending On A High Note

By Connor Wilcox GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Connor Wilcox GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

The Milwaukee Brewers this season have been a disappointment to say the least. With new pitchers this year such as Braden Looper, Trevor Hoffman, and Yovani Gallardo back from an injury they looked promising and a National League central contender. In the N.L. they finished second last in the ERA category above the team with the worst record in the whole MLB. Their poor pitching caused many of the losses in the season, however, their hitting statistics were close to the top of the charts in the N.L. The most dominating hitter in the brewers batting lineup this year was prince fielder with 46 home runs, 141 R.B.I.s (franchise record), 110 walks (franchise record), a .299 batting average, and played all 162 games (tie for franchise record).

Friday October 2nd the Brewers were able to beat the St. Louis Cardinals 12-6, and stop the Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright from getting his 20th win of the season. The next game the Brewers were able to win the second game of the series 5-4. During that game Ryan Braun was able to get his 200th hit of the season with a 2 run home run. The last game of the series the Brewers were able to beat the Cardinals again and sweep the series with a 9-7 win in extra innings.
After the series the Brewers had already started planning their staff for the next season. They announced that manager Ken Macha will be coming back for the 2010 season, and the Brewers closer Trevor Hoffman will earn 8 million in 2010 and then a possible 2011 option for up to 8.5 million.