A Variety of Interests | Teen Ink

A Variety of Interests

February 10, 2024
By EthanNeri BRONZE, Cerritos, California
EthanNeri BRONZE, Cerritos, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I know, I’m not really a good writer, so don’t expect a well written article from me. Anyways, I’d like to share a few interests from me. Interests can be a very fun and enjoyable activity to do in life. If you haven't found any good interests, you can follow some of mine if you like.

Rubik’s Cubing

An interest in solving Rubik’s Cubes. If you haven’t known, Rubik’s Cube is a puzzle cube with a color on each side and can rotate and shift the colors on each side. Following an algorithm (a process to solving the cube) can be very helpful to solve it. I am actually pretty good at solving it. My best times have been under a minute, but just shy of under 50 seconds. This activity is fun to test your mind to puzzles like these.

(Bubble) Art and Drawing

Art, one of my favorite interests. Despite my beginner skill, this is really fun. What’s even more fun is drawing a character inside a bubble. It’s my specialty. I think that putting a character inside a bubble would make it really cute and fun. There can be different types of bubbles. Bubblegum, jelly, soap, etc.

Music

Two divisions into this, playing music and listening to it. Playing music, I am currently focusing on playing the viola. It is a string instrument that is like a violin but bigger. The viola strings are also different from the ones on a violin, but both instruments are still played the same way. Listening to music, on the other hand, can be a little fluctuating. I like listening to video game music, like from Undertale (Toby Fox), Sonic (Sega), Splatoon (Nintendo), and others. Another type of music I like is speedcore. It’s very questionable, since the bpm can get very high (400+ bpm, to be precise). There’s even a sub-genre called extratone where the bpm exceeds 1000+ bpm. These kinds of songs are very, very fast.If you are actually interested in this type of music, I listen to Kobaryo, Camellia, t+pazolite, etc.

Gaming

A pretty stereotypical interest, but also pretty fun. Not gonna really talk about this too much because you probably already got the memo. I usually play on the computer or Nintendo Switch, and am starting to get back into playing on the Playstation 5. Some of my favorite games are Splatoon 3 (a third-person shooter, where ink acts as ammo), Sonic Colors: Ultimate (a platformer of speed) and Roblox (a game with multiple games). Despite the difficulty of these games, they will eventually get really fun as you get used to the controls and abilities of the games.

Golfing

My favorite sport. Although people may find it boring, it’s pretty fun. I usually just go to the driving range to hit some golf balls with the club. One of my favorite places to golf, Topgolf. It’s like a modernistic version of a driving range. There is a tracker in the golf balls that shows how far the ball goes and you aim for the targets. The food is also really good there too. At a normal driving range, I also sometimes just put too.

Cooking

Cooking is also a pretty fun interest. Recipes are a really good way to start cooking. Basically, you just follow the instructions on how to make something. If done properly, you make something really delicious. The more times you do it, the more you’ll get used to it and find new recipes. Some of my favorite recipes are for boxed mac and cheese and brownie mix. Eventually, the ingredients won’t be prepared like this so you would need to find them yourself. I even just made fried rice recently without any recipe. I just used Spam, Eggs, Leftover Rice, and Soy sauce. I literally just put the ingredients together and made something delicious.

Chilling and Relaxing

It’s nice to relax once in a while, right? I like to rest on the couch or my bed, and maybe grab a drink of water or a snack. I would usually put on a show or movie I like, and just lay down. It’s also nice to do some of the home activities whilst chilling, like Rubik’s cubing, art, listening to music and gaming.


The author's comments:

An article for a school assignment. It basically tells what interests I like, from art, gaming, cooking, etc.