What God Showed Me | Teen Ink

What God Showed Me

By Equestrainlife SILVER, Killen, Alabama
Equestrainlife SILVER, Killen, Alabama

Not all who wander are lost

While nestled in my blankets last night, while I was caressed in the gentle folds of my dreams, I was engulfed in the feeling of peace. Not a thing stirred, and I was still. Everything was dark, and I couldn't tell where I was. Somewhat like how my life is turning out at the moment.

Suddenly, specks of faint light began to dance about the sky, swirling about in a quick motion, as is you were fast forwarding a video of the nighttime sky. Gently, whispers started to pick up, but they all came from one voice. A voice that sounded like music and was sweeter than any charmer's words.

Although I could understand them fully in that dream, I can't quite remember them at the time. By then, the sky had become an array of falling stars, and bright light. It had started to rain then, but it didn't touch me, it fell in every place except for where I was. I distinctly remember sitting a few feet down from the top of a grassy hill. The land seemed to drop off a few feet below me. The wind had also picked up, and I could feel its cooling caress. That voice that I believe to be God spoke to me; "You are mine, I have shaped in my image. You belong to me, and I will guide you when you are lost. Do not fear death, nor any other thing, for I am your protector."

Later did I notice that the events really displayed my position in life. While I was watching everyone have a firm faith, and be poured on with the gift of this faith, I felt like I was lacking the ability to believe. I could feel his presence, much like the wind, but I failed to let him "Rain" down in my life. It was there and then that I decided to make the decision to make my baptism meaningful, and for that, I praise him.

After those comforting words, everything faded away, starting with the wind, then the rain, and finally, the stars. Beyond that beautiful moment, I was engulfed in a sense of peace, and felt warm with love.

.. For I am not ashamed of the one who saved me...

Sparaxis GOLD said...
Sparaxis GOLD, Saint Marys, Georgia

"If you keep on picking on me, I'll mess up again. This time, on PURPOSE."

Amazing. It makes me wonder just how many people experience something like this.

Equestrainlife SILVER, Killen, Alabama

Not all who wander are lost

Please comment thoughts!