Do Not Judge or You Will Be Judged | Teen Ink

Do Not Judge or You Will Be Judged

May 16, 2012
By Therese GOLD, Thayer, Missouri
Therese GOLD, Thayer, Missouri
16 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I cry a tear in the ocean. The day you find it will be the day i stop missing you."


Out of everything we go through, it seems we can see only the bad things that happen to us. The way someone talks about us; how our world seems to be coming to an end. Everything that happens to us we seem blame to God. We push him away when things don’t go right. What we don’t understand is how much he is there for us, and isn’t here to hurt us. God has his ways of working; if nothing ever happened to us we would all be spoiled. No one would care about anybody or anything, which is what this world is coming to. God isn’t there for us to tell him how we want our life’s lived; he is there to help us through the hard times, and to let us know what we need to do to make ourselves better.
I myself have not had an easy life, but then again who has. We all think we know someone when really we know nothing about what they go through, or what is going on in their lives. We judge and talk bad about them not knowing that we are sinning, in the Bible it states; “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.” But yet here we are judging one another. I have judged before, and talked bad about someone when I know I shouldn’t. Life isn’t easy; we all make mistakes that is why God is there to help us through. This doesn’t mean to keep doing the things that you know are wrong, and going back each and every day and asking for forgiveness.
Some, but not all of Christians, are hypocrites these days. They act one way in church and change as soon as they walk out of the building. This is not the way God works. We all wonder why the world is changing and why everyone is turning away from God, it is because of people like this. The teenagers no longer believe there is a God because we see people like this; we see how they act and think it isn’t real. It’s all just made up. Teenagers have a lot going on in the world right now with school, kids making fun of each other, jobs, and just trying their hardest to fit in. We all know they cannot do this on their own, but once we give up God, have no friends, and they can’t talk to their parents; where else are they supposed to go. This is when suicide comes into the lives of our young.
The devil likes to mess with our minds telling us things aren’t what they could be, trying to get us make bad choices. Some of those choices end up getting us to turn away from God, and start doing things in our life’s that we normally wouldn’t do. We need to reach out to those people not push them away. We all go through hard times in our lives, but if we are talking bad about each other, and not even trying to help then we are just a bad as them. I believe we are all here for a reason, that we all are different and face different things, but if we don’t help the ones closest to us how can we help ourselves? Life is too hard to go through things by ourselves we are all here for a reason to help each other through all the hard times.
Most of us see a littlest hill as a mountain. We go through the tiniest little thing and think it is the end; when really there are so many more problems in the world. It’s not that our problems are not bad enough, but that they could be worse. The way people don’t look at the world anymore, and just focus on themselves. We all have problems, we all have made mistakes. The world is never going to get any better if we do not realize what we are doing wrong. We can no long do this on our own; we all deserve better than this. Life is like a rose; we bloom, we blossom and then we die; but only with the help of water.