Will God survive? | Teen Ink

Will God survive?

November 3, 2011
By kelseyp96 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
kelseyp96 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"heart can be broken but it still keeps a beatin' just the same" -Movie, Fried Green Tomatoes


The bequeath of Christianity is not looking well. As 15% of Americans are now Atheist, what will happen to this religion? A while ago there were two kids riding their bikes. Approaching in their direction, it became noticeable that they were riding their bikes over the New Testament! What have these children been taught to be so disrespectful to the Holy Bible? It may not be a surprise to everyone, especially the media. Today’s society is trying to expunge God from our culture. By the looks of it, Christianity will retrogress in America through malevolent behavior, impervious beliefs, and alienated relationships.


Malevolent behavior will retrogress Christianity in America. It is not entirely the fault of those who sin; youths are a main target for this. Trying to be cool or just plain stupid, today’s youths are going against God and sinning to a new level. Misinformed or just uncaring, it’s becoming a keystone factor. On the other hand it could be considered innocent compared to the population who find devil worship and taboo interesting.


Christianity will retrogress in America through hermetic beliefs. In a world of technology, it is becoming more logical to believe something along the lines of, if it can’t be seen, don’t believe it. It could almost be insured by most high school/youth students that this statement is true. Considering it is unlikely for God to come down from Heaven just to show his face and converge more believers. This belief will continue to cause struggle in the survival of Christianity as it is perhaps affiliated with Atheism.


Estranged relationships will cause Christianity to retrograde. Whether a lack of faith or knowledge, it is possibly the most damaging factor. Christmas morning a little boy is so excited about a toy he wanted, he thanks his parents or maybe Santa, but does he thank God? Less and less people consider God; not taking time to learn and love him, or blaming him for hardships he is slowly becoming expunged.


Christianity will retrogress in America. There are so many reasons for each individual to alienate God, and some of them don’t know how to have faith.


The author's comments:
This peice was written in my Honors Language class. I was expressing my opinion of religion. I hope people will agree to see that Christianity may not last long in America.