Why Judge Me With What I Believe In? | Teen Ink

Why Judge Me With What I Believe In?

May 29, 2011
By Shahed GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Shahed GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma
16 articles 2 photos 350 comments

Favorite Quote:
"People are like tea bags, they don't realize their own strength until they're dropped in hot water "
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway."


Asked me where I came from, and I watched you stepping back! Fell in love with me, and introduced me to your family, then I saw your shadow getting darker black! Called my people stupid for bowing to God. How dare you make fun of us, when you said that believing in someone you don’t see is odd? Asked me to explain to you where is he when you were homeless living on the street, and had nothing to eat. I said who baked me cake last week? You answered “I did”, and I said “where do you sleep at night?” You replied “on my bed” I said who made you grow to a healthy man from a young kid, you said my mom did, I said where is she now you said she’s gone she’s dead! But I asked where is she now, you said in heaven, but whose heaven is she in? You said lord’s I said so there’s a God, you said no there isn’t, you don’t win! You asked, where’s God when a baby is born sick; where’s God when war happens and kills thousands or billions, you pick. Where’s God when houses collapse into the floor so easy so quick! Where’s God when innocents die after a click! “He gives, he takes, he’s the lord, why do you expect him to keep giving you when you only take; Why don’t you thank him, it only takes a word, How dare you fight him with his own sword?” I saw your eyes getting filled with question marks, so I continued . . . “God never gives more than we can handle, when a door closes another opens and he lights another candle, when he blesses you with money and you only go gamble, he punishes you, to thank him, yet you need another example?” Well where is he when in every other country there’s a war, when it crashes a family’s house and only car? “Is it God that fights for petrol or is it us, why can’t you be happy with what you have, why do you constantly fuss? And instead of thanking him for what you have, you disrespect him and under his name you cuss!” You said well how do I thank someone that doesn’t exist!? “I’ll give you more proves, as you insist, but after I say them all you either agree or deny my list. “Who makes it rain, who makes the sun rise and set, who grows the plants, who blesses us during a storm, who doesn’t let us freeze during snow, who keeps us warm? Who do we please to keep us safe with no harm? Who wakes you up after being half alive to see the light? Who guides you to know what’s wrong and what’s right, who gives us hope after life seemed black not white?” As I was asking you questions that had one answer, I saw in your eyes there was a beginning of a light. Whether you call it God, Allah, YHWH, Jesus, Elohim, El Cantare, he’s there, whether you pray in English, Japanese, French, Arabic, or Russian, you ask and it shall be answered. Next time you question yourself where’s God, ask yourself why, answer honestly don’t lie, next time you wonder where’s he, ask yourself where do you go after you die? And next time you meet someone don’t judge them by what they believe in, get to know them, before you accuse them of what they believe in as a sin!