Why Judge Me With What I Believe In? | Teen Ink

Why Judge Me With What I Believe In?

By Shahed GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Shahed GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma

"People are like tea bags, they don't realize their own strength until they're dropped in hot water "
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway."

Asked me where I came from, and I watched you stepping back! Fell in love with me, and introduced me to your family, then I saw your shadow getting darker black! Called my people stupid for bowing to God. How dare you make fun of us, when you said that believing in someone you don’t see is odd? Asked me to explain to you where is he when you were homeless living on the street, and had nothing to eat. I said who baked me cake last week? You answered “I did”, and I said “where do you sleep at night?” You replied “on my bed” I said who made you grow to a healthy man from a young kid, you said my mom did, I said where is she now you said she’s gone she’s dead! But I asked where is she now, you said in heaven, but whose heaven is she in? You said lord’s I said so there’s a God, you said no there isn’t, you don’t win! You asked, where’s God when a baby is born sick; where’s God when war happens and kills thousands or billions, you pick. Where’s God when houses collapse into the floor so easy so quick! Where’s God when innocents die after a click! “He gives, he takes, he’s the lord, why do you expect him to keep giving you when you only take; Why don’t you thank him, it only takes a word, How dare you fight him with his own sword?” I saw your eyes getting filled with question marks, so I continued . . . “God never gives more than we can handle, when a door closes another opens and he lights another candle, when he blesses you with money and you only go gamble, he punishes you, to thank him, yet you need another example?” Well where is he when in every other country there’s a war, when it crashes a family’s house and only car? “Is it God that fights for petrol or is it us, why can’t you be happy with what you have, why do you constantly fuss? And instead of thanking him for what you have, you disrespect him and under his name you cuss!” You said well how do I thank someone that doesn’t exist!? “I’ll give you more proves, as you insist, but after I say them all you either agree or deny my list. “Who makes it rain, who makes the sun rise and set, who grows the plants, who blesses us during a storm, who doesn’t let us freeze during snow, who keeps us warm? Who do we please to keep us safe with no harm? Who wakes you up after being half alive to see the light? Who guides you to know what’s wrong and what’s right, who gives us hope after life seemed black not white?” As I was asking you questions that had one answer, I saw in your eyes there was a beginning of a light. Whether you call it God, Allah, YHWH, Jesus, Elohim, El Cantare, he’s there, whether you pray in English, Japanese, French, Arabic, or Russian, you ask and it shall be answered. Next time you question yourself where’s God, ask yourself why, answer honestly don’t lie, next time you wonder where’s he, ask yourself where do you go after you die? And next time you meet someone don’t judge them by what they believe in, get to know them, before you accuse them of what they believe in as a sin!

Shahed GOLD said...
Shahed GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma

Thank you Ms. Brown!
I love your comment it warmed my heart, thank you so much! <3

Shahed GOLD said...
Shahed GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma

I have even asked some of those questions, it doesnt necessary come from being faithless to being completely clueless, it just comes to mind out of curiosty.

Thank you for reading it and enjoying it.

Shahed GOLD said...
Shahed GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma

Aww thank you! Very much appriciated! :)

This came out of my heart, and clearly straight to yours, I'm glad it did.
Thank you, Ill keep on writing!

Jackie P. said...

It truely pains me to see people rating your article with two stars! Are you kidding me! This is a +5! Jealousy my dear, jealousy it is.

At any rate, this to me sounds like it's from something you have faced something you relate to. It's beautifuly writen all the way through. I love it! I gave it a five! I wish they had like 10 stars! You keep writing! Add more on here! Very good :)

on Jun. 26 2011 at 1:31 am
To be honest I have asked these questions to myself. The way you answered them made me think of God, which made me pray thanking him for what I have. I'm beyond sure that many of us have thought of these question previously simply because we are humans. Very well writen, you're truly talented! Keep writing I know I'll be checking back for more and I'll suggest this for friends to read!

Words stand meaningless when reading this piece of art! I've always known that an artist draws, a painter paints, a singer sings and a poet writes. Though I've never met a human who has it all till now. Lord bless the gift you have. I stand speechless after reading this! What a way to bring all religions together at least on paper! Great words, wonderful topic to one, respect, two, disscuss! I can tell you that if you keep this attitude towarda God, and his people then you shall be rewarded greatly! I'll for once say this, your words have fed my hunger in literature! God bless the mins that thought of this, the hands who held a pen, and the finger tips that typed this! I love this, no one shall be against you, and if so, know that God is with you!