Light | Teen Ink

Light

By AnneElliot PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado
AnneElliot PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose." ~ Jim Elliot

The colors, swirling, dancing, singing, whispering, shouting, jumping, gliding--were His idea.

With a command, He made light burst upon the world. He filled the earth with life, with color, with song. He created tiny, delicate, hopeful sprouts and tall, mighty, robust oaks. He put the stripes on the bumblebee and the spots on the leopard, the teeth in the mouth of the shark and the proboscis in the mouth of the butterfly. Hummingbirds flit through the air because He created them to. Hippos lazily clomp into the water to bathe because He told them to.

The crisp taste of autumn air is a taste of His creation. The crystal raindrops that fall on your windowpane at night are His art. The delicate cerulean sky comes from Him. He shapes the majestic, billowing clouds right before a thunderstorm, and He clears the sky for summer picnics and bike rides and swimming. Water itself was His idea: the way it moves, the way we move in it, the way the fish swim and the sea turtles glide, all were His ideas.

He created joy and love, the bubbling laughter of children and the hearty laughter of grandparents, the moments that make us want to leap for joy and the moments that make us want to stand in awe. He created love, the kind of love that brings two people together.

Everything in our life, everything we've ever seen or felt or heard or experienced or hoped or dreamed--it's all His creation, and it all comes from Him.

He's all-powerful.

And He knows who I am.

And He listens to me.

And He loves me. He hurts when others hurt me, and one day, in heaven, He'll wipe every tear from my eye and wrap me up in His arms.

And He knows who you are.

And He listens to you.

And He loves you, too.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16, NIV)

AnneElliot PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado

:) Yes...and thank you! :)

soletsdance GOLD, Hoopeston, Illinois
mmmm....the pure shivers of delight that none but poets can appriciate!!!

AnneElliot PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado

Thank you!! :) I appreciate the encouragement! :)

Laura G. said...
I love this!  It's so well written.  I'm glad to read something so well written and honoring to God!

on Jun. 10 2010 at 11:41 am
AnneElliot PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado

Thanks, that means a lot :) :)

AustinP said...
Wow. this is amazing. i like how you bring it all back to God's love for all of us. Great job!

AnneElliot PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado

Thanks! :) :)

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Good article. Keep up the good work. :)