Nobody's Perfect But One | Teen Ink

Nobody's Perfect But One

By MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

Nobody is perfect but one...me. That's what my ex-boyfriends would say to me, claiming they were the best choice for me and no one else could top them. Obviously they were wrong since they have the letters ex- in front of boyfriend as a title. I waited for days without sleep trying to figure out why this person broke up with me or why this person was cheating on me. Then one, misty, Sunday morning I came to the conclusion that I'm not the one that said I was perfect, they were. So I hadn't lied or mislead anyone, I know I'm not perfect but obviously someone thought they were and lied to multiple people saying they were indeed perfect. I guess that what I am trying to say is that, so many of us look at ourselves in the mirror and say we aren't this, we aren't that way why...because none of us have the courage to stand up for ourselves from ourselves and say,"Hey, only one person ever to step one this green, beautiful Earth was perfect, and that sure wasn't me. Indeed it wasn't and isn't me, but I know God was perfect and he died for me." That's why this week I want you to tell yourself everyday that you may not be perfect, but you know someone who is and that someone will take me in his house no matter what.

This at first was like a wake up call for people that had troubles in relationships that they weren't the ones at fault. But then I realized that It was about my religion and my RELATIONSHIP with God and that Gos will never break up or hurt me.

mymakersdaughter BRONZE, Cherry Valley, Illinois

"That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful." - Ninon de L'Enclos

woww this is great! and so true! AMAZING!

matt7 BRONZE said...
matt7 BRONZE, Charleston, Other

"For where God built a church, there the Devil would also build a chapel."
-Martin Luther

Its the doctrine of the Trinity. The Father is not Jesus, Jesus is not the Holy Spirit, the Holy spirit is not the Father, but they are all one God. Confusing? A comprehensible God is a God not worth worshiping ;)

GzusFreak10 GOLD, Staten Island, New York
Oh my gosh, this is SOOOOOOO good! It totally sums up what I feel sometimes. I mean, I've never had a boyfriend or anything, but I've had PLENTY of crushes in my life, and they've all been "perfect." I pretty much just realized that i've been stupid a little while ago, and....yeah, that article just said exactly what I've been telling myself. KEEP WRITING!

bound4life4ever PLATINUM, Jamaica, New York

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

u r crrest nd this writer is correct... Jesus is GOD....in case u didnt noe;-)

ashythechoirnerd BRONZE, Winchester, California
There was one sentence in this article that confused me. "Indeed it wasn't and isn't me, but I know God was perfect and he died for me" This sentence confused me because as far as I know God didn't die for anyone. If I am correct it was Jesus who died for people. I'm not religious or anything I just wanted to point that out.

MishGirl GOLD said...
MishGirl GOLD, Mason, Ohio

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”
“True friends stab you in the front.”

I totally went through the same thing. My ex-boyfriend claimed that he was a Godly man until I found out on February 12th of this year that he had been cheating on me for the two weeks that we were dating. I had been wondering why I hadn't been feeling so great about myself but it was in that moment that I realized that he was not only lying to me but also the girl he was cheating on me with. Not only did he ruin our relationship but also our friendship that we had for many months. And in my mind, that was his loss.