Nobody's Perfect But One | Teen Ink

Nobody's Perfect But One

February 14, 2010
By MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.


Nobody is perfect but one...me. That's what my ex-boyfriends would say to me, claiming they were the best choice for me and no one else could top them. Obviously they were wrong since they have the letters ex- in front of boyfriend as a title. I waited for days without sleep trying to figure out why this person broke up with me or why this person was cheating on me. Then one, misty, Sunday morning I came to the conclusion that I'm not the one that said I was perfect, they were. So I hadn't lied or mislead anyone, I know I'm not perfect but obviously someone thought they were and lied to multiple people saying they were indeed perfect. I guess that what I am trying to say is that, so many of us look at ourselves in the mirror and say we aren't this, we aren't that way why...because none of us have the courage to stand up for ourselves from ourselves and say,"Hey, only one person ever to step one this green, beautiful Earth was perfect, and that sure wasn't me. Indeed it wasn't and isn't me, but I know God was perfect and he died for me." That's why this week I want you to tell yourself everyday that you may not be perfect, but you know someone who is and that someone will take me in his house no matter what.


The author's comments:
This at first was like a wake up call for people that had troubles in relationships that they weren't the ones at fault. But then I realized that It was about my religion and my RELATIONSHIP with God and that Gos will never break up or hurt me.