Who Took "Christ" Out Of Christmas | Teen Ink

Who Took "Christ" Out Of Christmas

December 28, 2009
By MssyBunniQ22 BRONZE, Psl, Florida
MssyBunniQ22 BRONZE, Psl, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 14 comments

December, 25. Most people see that as the day when "Santa" (the fat ass man who breaks into your home to give you gifts around the world in one freakin' night) comes and rewards you for being nice all year But we all know that EVERYONE isn't good all year. But my main complaint is that why do we worship this guy who isn't real instead of worship the man who was born to die for all of us. Scientifically no one knows when Jesus was born but Jesus himself, and no one will ever know unitl we get to heaven and ask him ourselves. I mean think about it, this world used to celebrate Christmas because we believe it was the day Jesus was born. The day Jesus is born is the most important thing in our world's HISTORY!! This poor, humble boy was born to die for us not to burn in the firey pits of hell when we die. He didn't have to, He truely didn't, but He chose to. The least we can do is remember his death. I see parts of our christmas traditions as rememberance of Jesus' birth and death.


The CandyCanes:


Have you noticed most original candycanes are red and white? Well I have and i see the white part representing how pure He was. He never sinned in His entire life. He couldn't sin, I mean, how would heave someone die for our past and future sins if he sinned himself?!?! The red shows me the blood He shed when He was beaten to death and when He was hung up.


The Gifts:


This one is simple, I see the gifts that we get every year as the gift the Jesus gave us.... dying for us! I believe that is the most awesomest gifts I could ever have.



The Lights:


When Christ was born, angels desended from the heaven warning the men in the field that Christ was born. Then God, himself told then to go se him at once. When God came down, He was so so so..idk??? When God came down, no one saw His face. He had this light behind Him that was so bright, I mean i think it might have been brighter than the sun!!!! Thats freaking bright!!!



The Tree:


Its pretty difficult to explain the tree,but im going to try. You see, Jesus was hung on a cross, which was made of wood, which comes from trees. Okay maybe it was a little easier than I thought but you get the point.



The Star:



How can anyone forget the star at the top of the tree??? Okay this is how it went down; After Jesus was born there was a star shining bright in the night(hey that rhymed!) Anyways I see the pretty little star on top of the tree as the star that shinned when Jesus was born.



I will never understand why we don't take the time to remember Jesus on a special holiday like this. Luke 2:1-21 explains it all about his birth and we should remember that not just every year, but everyday.



If your reading this article, please take the time to recognize him and what he has and will do for you. He loves you and I hope you love him too!