Technology: Saving Lives Daily | Teen Ink

Technology: Saving Lives Daily

January 13, 2016
By MadisonSmith BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
MadisonSmith BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever wondered if the technology that most people use on a daily basis could ruin your friendships and relationships? Well, recently in my 8th grade Language Arts class the topic of technology ruining our friendships came up, but I don’t agree with that. I believe that technology is not only good for you, but is one of the most important inventions of all time.

My first reason why I believe that technology is good for people is because it not only helps you in the community, but has universal ways of helping you as well. What I mean by that is, in your community there are most likely places like the ASPCA, homeless shelters, or even orphanages. With technology,  you can find out phone numbers, locations, business hours, and much more. By knowing that information, you can do things like donate and volunteer. You can also use technology to find jobs in your local area.The way that  technology helps universally is when you want or need to learn a new language, technology is there ready with that language just at your fingertips. Some may argue that learning a new language the old fashioned way is better. But why would you take four years of high school German when you could learn it in one or two years with technology.


My final reason technology is one of the best is that a lot of important people and businesses use technology of save lives everyday. Technology is so much more than just cell phones and social media. Technology is medical equipment, security equipment, and even the  microwave you probably used to heat your dinner last night. Technology fuels the research for incurable diseases like Cancer, Aids, Amyloidosis, Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Schizophrenia, Ebola, and even Asthma. Some may argue that medicine will be enough and we don’t need technology. If we didn’t have technology, how would we know how to give people medicine and how much to give them.


In conclusion, if we had no technology, the millions of people that have these disorders and diseases would suffer daily along with their families. Nobody would have hope. My uncle had a disease called Amyloidosis and is on four different kinds of chemo just to stabilize him, not to mention all the other pills that he is on. Without technology, we could have no hope. We wouldn’t even know that he had a disease. I truly believe that technology is one of the best inventions of all time. I mean, it saves lives, how much better can it get? For all the hate that technology gets, people don’t stop to think that it could save their lives or their families lives one day.


The author's comments:

I worked very hard on my piece. It was also very personal becuse my uncle has Amyloidosis and it was been rough. But I wouldn't take what happened becuase I feel that I opened  some people's eyes about technology and how important it really is.