As Low as $7.99 Per Month to Survive School | Teen Ink

As Low as $7.99 Per Month to Survive School

By Puljict BRONZE, Darien, Connecticut
Puljict BRONZE, Darien, Connecticut

If I don’t relax every once in a while I go crazy. Whether it’s taking just a short break between getting home from school and starting my homework, or the three months of pure joy known as “summer,” every little bit helps. Call me a procrastinator all you want, and I’m sure that’s probably part of it, but I can’t imagine what I would do if I was never allowed to take a break. The closest I’ve come to not taking breaks is having four or more classes lined up back to back, and let me tell you, that is not a pretty sight. By the end of it all my final teacher will be lucky to have me awake, much less paying attention to what they are actually attempting to teach me. It’s incredibly unlikely that if I was a so-called “model student” who did all of his work as soon as he arrived, home that I would last through the first week of school; I have to watch Netflix, talk to my friends, or play videogames to survive. As silly as it sounds, I would be lost in life, school especially, if I did not take the number of breaks that I do. In order for you to fully understand what I mean, you need to know that I only made it about halfway through this essay before deciding to watch an episode of “How to Get Away With Murder.”