Pros and Cons of Technology | Teen Ink

Pros and Cons of Technology

By Riley15 SILVER, Rye, New York
Riley15 SILVER, Rye, New York

"Be the change you wish to see in the world..." -Gandi

Technology can be beneficial to students' learning. Children in school always want to be on their phone, iPad, or computer so incorporating them into class work will encourage students to learn. Secondly, some students are better at voice dictation than writing notes down. Ability to use dictation allows an alternative way of writing notes down. Specially abled students can also have access to learning via electronic equipment. Overall, technology allows variety of students to learn new ideas.

Technology can also be harmful to a student's education. These devices can distract them from doing schoolwork and homework because students may receive incoming notifications from social media or games. In addition, technology can stunt creative writing. This means that students will see sentences online and think that they cannot come up with their own creative words to describe the topic. The option cut and paste tempts students to plagiarize. I feel that the positives technology outweigh the negatives. The harmful effects on learning can be managed education, work ethic, and taking responsibility for your own actions.