Why Are There Bullies | Teen Ink

Why Are There Bullies

April 29, 2015
By bandgeek23 GOLD, Corry, Pennsylvania
bandgeek23 GOLD, Corry, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else!


Have you ever wondered why some kids are mean to others? I don’t understand why they do that, do you? Every day kids all over the world get bullied. It might be because of the way they look, their religion, or even the way they act. It shouldn’t matter where you come from or what you look like. Know one is the same, they might not act like you, talk like you, or dress the same way as you. But their people just like you, some people just don’t understand that. Many kids are from different places aren’t from the same country like you and me. Some kids think it’s alright to tease them, but its not. You wouldn’t like to be teased just because of the way you look would you? If you wouldn’t than don’t do it to other people. Some kids don’t know what the other person is feeling when they get bullied, but you know what it hurts a lot.


Some kids are really mean, they like to make others feel really bad and they think it’s funny. How would you feel if someone made fun of you because of the way you look, talk, or even walk? Some people can’t change the way they look they have to just accept their appearance. I think bullies like to make people feel bad about the way they look, if they didn’t then they would’ve never said anything at all. Some kids are so mean they don’t know when to stop they just keep teasing them, and they think it’s funny. In some cases they can’t handle all of the stuff that people are saying to them or about them so they hurt them selves. You’re probably thinking why I’m writing this, it’s so lame. I’m writing this because some people don’t care about another’s feelings they think its okay and it’s not. You can really hurt someone by teasing them. Some kids try to change what they look like to fit into a crowd or to not be teased anymore. Others commit suicide because they can’t deal with what’s going on.


Some times we have people come in and tell us what bulling causes. Even after people hear what happens to a person that gets teased every day but, they don’t get it! I don’t know why people are mean or why they tease others. They don’t understand what they do really hurts another’s feelings. They think it’s funny so they keep saying things that will make you or someone else cry. Do they even know what they do has an effect on others? Every day I see people teasing others. Even if it's just whispering something about them they can still hear you, and it makes them feel bad when they hear those mean things said about them. Bullies are everywhere, you just need to be yourself and not listen to what they say about you. I don’t think anyone should change their appearance just because they don’t like the way you look. If you like the way you look than don’t change. Just be yourself!!!


Cyber bulling is also a form of bulling. Even though it’s on the computer and not saying it to someone face, it still hurts. They make movies about cyber bulling, but people just don’t listen. You need to stick up for yourself or don’t listen to them. And if you are a bully if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything!