Made or Born? | Teen Ink

Made or Born?

By pjysantos BRONZE, Guagua, Other
pjysantos BRONZE, Guagua, Other

Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial.

Merriam-Webster dictionary defines hero as: a person who is admired for great or brave acts or fine qualities; a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities; one who shows great courage.

“Are heroes made or born?” This was the question that was asked during our literature class, a question that remains in my head even after the school year and a question that I answered wrong.

That time, I confidently answered, “Heroes are made and not born.” But as I think about this question more and as I look around the people around me, I came to the conclusion that heroes are born and not made. And it’s just that, only few brave individuals accept and act their calling and the rest chose to decline.

If you will ask me, I will not just sit around in my place and let the time passes by without doing anything. I will do something because I can. I will do it now before it’s too late. How about you? Are you courageous enough to do noble things for the sake of others?  Or are you selfish enough to think only on yourself? Will you accept or decline your calling?

Wake up the spirit of being a hero in you because our world needs you.

What inspired me to write this piece? People. Issues. Everything.

What do I hope people will get from it? We should DO SOMETHING good to this world, no matter how big or small it is, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.