Life of Afghani Woman | Teen Ink

Life of Afghani Woman

By TazzyGhana BRONZE, NYC, New York
TazzyGhana BRONZE, NYC, New York

I never thought of losing, but now that it' s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.
Muhammad Ali

Afghanistan is one of the most challenging places in the world to be a woman.But the misery of millions of Afghan women goes far beyond the confines of the burqa, and it predates the Taliban rule a decade ago. They are viewed notoriously by the men who say they reflect sexism.Today we see that women are no less than men,but it's completely an expectional case in Afghanistan.Women in Afghanistan are treated unfairly due to the Taliban’s rules and men treating them as inferiors.
We find many social evils which involve religion issues too.
Women are subjected to perform or rather are conditioned to accept a secondary role in family,they are taken for granted...she is denied her role and is bound to do the things which her husband instructs and what the male society wants.
More women die in pregnancy and childbirth than almost anywhere else in the world. 1 in 50 women will die during pregnancy or childbirth—one every 2 hours.
9 out 10 women are illiterate.
Women have more than 5 children on average, yet 1 out 10 children die before their fifth birthday.
Life expectancy is 44, one of the lowest in the world.The only thing why she is dominated by the male dominion is she can't protest,voice her views and lack of gender equality.