Faith in Humanity?Yes please! | Teen Ink

Faith in Humanity?Yes please!

By Vivi. SILVER, Karpenisi, Other
Vivi. SILVER, Karpenisi, Other

"Sometimes talking to yourself can be harder than talking to others.You might have to prove to your own person that you're wrong."

Lately,I've been a lot into reading the news from all over the world.All kinds of news.And I realized,that all those great people dressed in expensive suits,giving long speeches that someone else wrote,were talking about the same thing.The Future.They were talking about the same bright future that is in front of us,because of them.With our vote,they'll do wonders.
How funny!I'm probably too young to understand now,but all I can grasp with my small mind is that amongst the leaders of this world,only a 5% of them-if not less-really care about us.
Because all they care about,is pieces of paper,with numbers on.Agreements written on white pages.The more zeros,the better.All these,what are they? They say it's the the ticket to happiness.I see.Cars,huge houses,expensive watches.All this is living proof that we have become somebody important,somebody they talk about.
But,don't be happy,you leaders.Nobody talks about how great you are.In my country,Greece,only old people still talk about politicians and stick to some of them arguing with each other about who's best.You know why?Because once,there used to be true leaders.
But anyway,they say they believe in a bright future.
Well I don't.But I do believe in humanity.I do believe in people who know that no matter how much money you have in your pockets,happiness is in a plastic cup of cheap takeaway coffee,in a good book,in a 1-hour music record,in a hug by someone who really loves you.
And well,I know found happiness last week wearing this gorgeous black dress but it was just a great cover to hide the ugly me underneath.

Just think about it,what makes you happy?

I just want people do understand that happiness hides in better places,than cars and expensive cellphones.We can make a better world only by understanding this.