Animal Awareness | Teen Ink

Animal Awareness

By Christopher Shing BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Christopher Shing BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Pet owners, listen.

Don’t abuse your pets. Cats, cute and awesome, are getting abuse everyday for nothing. Dogs, cats, bunnies, and birds. The list goes on and on until to the last animal on earth. Even the endangered species out in the wild. The bad people that has pets abuse them everyday till the animal gets really hurt or until they die. It’s just not pet owners, it’s everybody in the whole world if they don’t have any pets. The more you threaten them and hurt the animal, more risky that you would hurt a human being and you might steal from the people that is in poverty. You just don’t know you are hurting the animals around you. It’s just not adults, it’s also the teens and kids.

Stop hurting hurting the animals because you want to. Stop hurting the animals because you feel like doing it. Stop hurting the animals because you would end up in prison.

It’s not just here in the US, it’s everywhere in the whole entire world.

People buy a pet, play with them for a while, moves somewhere else and just abandon them and leave them in crates in the abandon house. They don’t care what happens to their pet after they move. They might as well get another pet, play with it, and abandon them as well. This is abuse to animals and they will repeat the thing every time they get a pet.

About 10,000 animals (mostly dogs) gets abuse each year and 1 million pets gets killed from being abused. Horses and cows are in that category of the 10,000 animal abuse. About 63% of dog owners abuse their dog and 58% cat owners abuse their cat. About 35% are other animals that gets abused. Those numbers are true. It needs to stop.

If you had a pet, would you do that to them or would you be nice to the pet? I would obviously say I would be nice to them. Everyone should say yes because what if you saw a person beating up something and you couldn’t say anything? I would tell them to stop beating up that thing and tell them to leave it alone. People should do the same thing because it’s the right thing and that it would be a good thing to do for the community. That would happen because the people should save the animals that is getting abused each year and people should say something if they see something mysterious.

Like what the policy says, “When you see something, Say something.” If you see any abusive things to the pets in the public, call someone or get someone there at the scene right away. Like the police for example.

Animals, hungry and sad, should not be like this. They are looking for food everyday on the street and they only find nothing or a small piece of food. If you see animals looking for food, GIVE. FOOD. TO. THEM. I mean, it is not hard for you to give the animals food. So just try to because it will help and that will do a good deed to the animals around you.

A lot of people are getting arrested from animal abuse. In Hagerstown Maryland, before Thanksgiving day, a man was arrested for burning his chihuahua. 70% of the chihuahua skin was burned and 30% remained. So the vet had to put the chihuahua to sleep. The guy who set the small dog on fire was sent to prison for 10 years.

All of the people should take action on this. Hope so. All of the people should care for the animals. Obviously. All of the people should not be cruel. Yes. We need answers why people are doing this. Are they doing it for fun? How did they start abusing animals? Should they or should they not be able to see the outdoors again? Two answers here are yes and one answer is why.

Hey, if you read all of this, here’s the catch. Donate to save the animals around you by going onto animal awareness websites like ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), the HSUS (Humane Society of the United States) or donate to a local pet store. There are other websites for animal awareness if you do not want to donate to those three sites. Donate $5, $10, $20, $1000 or as much as you want to. While you are on those websites, you should adopt a pet because it is almost the holiday’s.