Downfall On Humanity | Teen Ink

Downfall On Humanity

By Smpowers13 SILVER, Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
Smpowers13 SILVER, Lock Haven, Pennsylvania

“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”
― John Lennon

We all have that one thing we love to do, right? Well for a lot of us that’s becoming a problem. 74% of the people in the United States spend almost up to 2 to 3 years of all ages on the Internet in a lifetime! Everything people do weather it’s at work, school, or at home is normally on the Internet. “What can we do about this” people ask, absolutely nothing.

The Internet is too popular in everyone’s lifestyle for it to be shut down. Everything people do is on the Internet and that’s just how it’s going to be. With everyone having all these devices at a-fingers reach allows them to be lazy and not get any physical movement in their day. Albert Einstein once said, “I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation full of idiots.” What do you think about this? I think this is completely true. Everyday many different companies come out with the latest versions of different devises such as the I-phone, Android tablet, I-pad and such. They usually say something like, “This’ll have you take a better look at life,” but you know what? They lie. They lie to get money and business.

I have asked several teachers (adults) what they think what the world is coming to and such and one said, “ With me being 38, I honestly think it’s a downfall in society and yeah it may be good for scientific studies, but not for the social part of everyone’s life, it’s awful!” I would have to agree with that because people think all these devices and all the things on the Internet are a better way of living because we have everything right there, but it’s not. The generation (-s) is growing up thinking it’s a way of living when in reality it’s not.

This is an essay I am writing for school and I would like to get some feedback before I turn it in...