Learn from past mistakes | Teen Ink

Learn from past mistakes

By Gerardo Huerta BRONZE, Nampa, Idaho
Gerardo Huerta BRONZE, Nampa, Idaho

Learn from past mistakes

In the past there was a lot of close minded people. Those people thought they were better than everyone else. For example in the holocaust Hitler believed that there was one superior race, and everyone else should be exterminated. After the holocaust pasted people started to realize that what they did was wrong, so they learned from past mistakes.

Everyone makes mistakes; the important thing from the mistakes you make is learning from them. I have a friend that was mad at the world. He hated everything and he didn't know what the point of life was. He showed up to my house in tears. I asked him what was wrong . He said that he gives up and as he said that he showed me his scars he had cut himself. I was in shock. He was not the person I had loved as a brother, or the person I told everything to. I was scarred for his life but he made make promise that I wouldn't tell anyone. Months had past and he had been getting worse. He stole his fathers car and began doing other illegal things. I started to believe if I had told someone that he would change that he would turn back to how he was. He was forced to move with his mother he had lost everything his father his friends but most importantly the love for himself. I have learned from my mistakes on waiting do long on telling someone and I lost a close friend due to that. I have learned that when someone needs help that it is okay to brake promises and tell people about their situation for their own wellness.