Teen Pregnancy | Teen Ink

Teen Pregnancy

March 20, 2013
By Anonymous

Teen pregnancy is a huge issue with girls my age. I have experienced seeing girls that are pregnant in my school and outside friends. I recently watched a movie called The Pregnancy Pact that had to do with girls following each other to want to get pregnant. It was very interesting to know at girls were being influenced in such a way.

School
I think that it’s wrong for teens to become pregnant when they know that it may affect their future if they are in school. I can tell you that in a movie called (The Pregnancy Pact) I seen that one group of girls got pregnant and because of it mostly the entire school wanted to be pregnant.

Social life
I know for a fact that it’s going to be hard for teenagers to live their teenage life with going to school while being pregnant only because of peer pressure and even by being bullied because of themselves being pregnant especially in a high school setting. I have heard for people that talk about wanting to be pregnant because they see another person pregnant

Parents
I think it’s wrong for parents to let their teenagers be sexually active. I see that as being a follower and it’s not right. I believe that all girls should wait until they finish their school education like going to high school and college, then they should want to have a sexual relationship with one another. I think parents should help their children make the right decision on pregnancy.

That’s when you know you’re able to take care of yourself and the child that you might have on the way. It’s important to write about teen pregnancy because you want teen to realize that it’s not going to be easy for them if they are in high school or college.

Conclusion:
Being a pregnant teenager changes the life of some because of themselves being bullied in school by other. It can harmful to others and the person who is pregnant may want to drop out off school because of all the pressure coming from the surrounding of the people in the school atmosphere. Make sure you are influenced by the right people that will guide you away from being a pregnant teenager in high school.

Works Cited

Nicholas Bakalar. Pregnancy Rates Sank Over the Last 20 Years. The New York Times. July 2nd, 2012. 5th, March 2013. https://www.nytimes.com