Lebanon: In War Again? | Teen Ink

Lebanon: In War Again?

There has been a huge controversy in Lebanon for the past few months. The Lebanese army has caused tensions in this country because of the bombing that happened the past week in Beirut, which killed one of the most important security officials in the country.

Lebanese government has asked for the politicians who are aware of the situation to calm their supporters. "Tension in some areas is increasing in some to unprecedented levels" says the Lebanese army. They will fight if its necessary, but their tragedies won't end with that.

Also, soldiers had to spread forward to Tripoli, where war is starting, which has been happening since March 2011, in the Syria civil war. There has been a great amount of chaos in this country with the neighbor's civil war. Experts say that the government has been very patient with the war, but have to be in caution because the Syrian civil war might spread to the country. Lebanese have avoided a bombing from Syria at least 19 months prior to the date. This has been the calmest moment of the country in a while, since they've been in war since 1975. United States, Britain, Russia, China, France and the United Nations coordinators for Lebanon have offered to help the country against the spread of Syria to Lebanon.

The country is tired of their politicians intervening with their country's situation, and are fighting with them so that they stop, because they are breaking the law against the country's security. "The army was very clearly telling the politicians that it is enough, they cannot make political gains at the expense of the security of this continent" says General Jabber in an interview. I believe that this country deserves a rest from all the politicians dragging in things that they shouldn't, and I get that they are tired of their politicians. Its enough with a civil war besides them to torture the government and economics of this country. They won't stand more and there will be consequences.

Apart from this, the terrorist group Hezbollah has been tormenting the country since the murder of their important politician in 2005. The Hezbollah is as bad as the FARC is in Colombia, and even worse. This has come to such circumstances that the United States' FBI has come to help the country, confirmed by general Ashraf Rifi. I think that according to all of this data, Lebanon is a country that is hurt, just like a wounded person from a war. This country has been through a lot of suffering and has been through enough, and needs no more of misery that it doesn't deserve. Other countries' wars shouldn't be involved in Lebanon, and tragic events aren't supposed to happen to a country that is not willing to fall into the temptations of a war.

There has been a lot of controversy and protests in the country since the funeral of general Hassan last week. The protests haven't stopped since then. A contrary, the Grand Serail's protest lasted less than two hours. The protest was finished by nightfall. Only young Syrians where left in the protest. I personally believe that this country doesn't need protests. They are not helping at all to the development of the country, and the government will not hear a persons point of view from a scream in the streets. I believe that every country has the right to be mad because of this tragic incident, but not enough to do a protest. Hassan is dead, and protests won't bring him back to life.

The Lebanese have suffered a lot. From simple protests, to guerrilla groups, which happen almost everyday. This makes me compare Lebanon to Colombia, which are very similar. We both have terrorist groups; Hezbollah and the FARC. Every once in a while there's protests by college kids, in both Lebanon and Colombia. Our countries both suffer misery. We suffer educational, political, and legal problems, just like Lebanon. We have both needed help, but our countries will move forward and survive.