Think Back | Teen Ink

Think Back

July 12, 2012
By Indilove GOLD, Kenockee, Michigan
Indilove GOLD, Kenockee, Michigan
17 articles 0 photos 71 comments

Favorite Quote:
No one is your strength or guidance. If life is what you wish to live then do not bind your soul to something unreal. The creater nor the keeper can heal you for it is blind faith that leads you.


It's strange to think just how far we've come in this world. How only a few years ago your passion was collecting Hotwheels or Barbies. How it wasn't too long ago that you always put your shirt on backwards or inside out and your parents had to help. It wasn't too long ago that you were four foot tall holding a baseball bat and standing at the tee or chasing after a soccer ball.
Is it the world that has changed us? Or the people we've met? Or maybe ourselves?
What happened that made you put those toys in the back of your closet? What happened that now you wear too much makeup or put too much gel in your hair? What happened that made you the person you are today?
Was it the man living on the side of the road with nothing but a heavy coat? Or was it the old lady down the street that had you help in her garden? Maybe it was the other kids in your neighborhood that made you into something else.
Or maybe it was the world. The social and worldy issues that influence our lives. Perhaps it was the threat of never leaving your home that made you grow up.
Growing up. It's process everyone goes through but why does it change who we are?
The bedtime stories that used to be read to you at night, hardly go through your head anymore. Think back to when you were small and you believed every word from those books. Creativity and imagination filled you. Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk. You believed you could grow a plant that would stretch to the sky. You believed you had a fairy godmother and that at night your furniture came to life.
As a child creativity comes naturally. As an adult, we can hardly imagine ourselves apart from our daily routine.
The world is on a schedule, a system. What happened to the magic?
What happened to seeing isn't believeing, believeing is seeing?
It's strange to think how much differnt everything could be if we still had the creativity and imagination that we used to.
Think back to when you were four foot tall and believed anything could happen.
Harness that, apply it to your life now.
It's not hard to bring the magic back into this busy, political, world.
So try to think back
Try to believe again.


The author's comments:
This is a differnt piece for me. It's kind-of scattered but try to listen to what it's saying. There is a message.