The Skeletons In Our Closets | Teen Ink

The Skeletons In Our Closets

June 26, 2012
By Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia
Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia
56 articles 2 photos 148 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is a stage, get on it and perform your best act.


If someone ever tells you that they've never made a mistake, you need to run as fast as you can like your life depends on it. Everyone makes mistakes, and I mean everyone, even me. It's ok to admit that we've done wrong, we're supposed to. We're all human and that's just apart of life. We've all done something we're not proud of, and some of us are currently doing those things. The thing that matters is if we're taking responsibility for the things we did, are doing, and will do.

It's never ok to judge someone else, especially if you're doing the same things they are; that will just make you look stupid. Instead of judging, you can help someone become a better person. If you're a person who's trying to get better, getting rid of all negativity would be smart! Having people in your circle who always put you down about what you've done isn't healthy for you. You'll always feel like you can't do better and you're not worth anymore than they say you are. Those people are stupid as well if they think it's ok to judge other humans. Oh yeah, one more thing, never put yourself down! There's a complete difference from acknowledging what you've done and thinking the world is over because you did it. The world will not end and life will go on, but you have to believe it. If you get nothing else from my advice, I want you to remember this: our skeletons aren't skeletons if we've accepted what we've done and not afraid to tell the story.


The author's comments:
Just a word of enlightenment for me and my fellow writers... and readers.