Suicide | Teen Ink

Suicide

June 22, 2011
By Damara...C GOLD, Mings Bight, Other
Damara...C GOLD, Mings Bight, Other
11 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Accept me for who I am, or, watch me as I go"!


Lets talk about this, ‘If you killed yourself, nobody would care?’ Killing yourself will change someone’s world. They won’t be able to live with the fact that they never noticed the signs. They will probably slip into the same depression that you’re in right now. The people of your world are dying with guilt. All those little hints you gave, they’ll remember them. In school, they’ll be in their own world, wondering what they could have done to save you! You will be known as ‘the kid who killed themselves.’ Their mind will instantly be burned with memories of you when they hear your name. They won’t be able to listen to their favourite songs anymore because that hurts too. They know that you had once sang that song with such a passion. Do you want to be responsible for your family members, and the people who love you, crying every night? For your sisters or brothers losing part of who they are?


Your suicide is going to effect most deeply those who care about you most. One of your friends may break down, and just like you, their world will be dark. People you never knew will be crying when they hear what you’ve done. Yes, they will be effected. Everyone around you will stop and think; “was there something I could have done?” How will they cope, without you? This will break them, for the rest of their lives. They’ll be angry with you because, they know, you could have gotten through it. They’ll be angry with themselves because they may have been able to save you if only they knew. They’ll wonder why you didn’t tell them, they loved you and now it’s too late. For your parents, your photos are suddenly just an ice cold reminder of what you done.


All those hints you gave, they will realize, they will remember and blame themselves. They are dying with guilt. Who will find you? Who will call the people who direct the funeral? Who will arrange the casket for you? Who’s going to clean out your locker? Who will call the school to tell them their student died? Who will tell the student body? Who will call your best friend or parents to tell them you’re dead? Don’t forget the people who will plan your funeral. The pain you are in is awful, but why pass it on to hundreds of people around you, when you could try your hardest to work through it?


I know right now, ending your life probably seems like the only way out. I know it seems as if this pain you are going through won’t ever end. But just remember suicide is a permanent answer to a thing that will end. There is life after what you’re facing now. It may seem cliché, but there are people who care. There are people that want you, that need you. Don’t give up on life now. I know it’s hard it’ll probably one of the most hardest thing’s you’ll ever do, but one day, you’ll realize that you did the right thing.