Memento Mori | Teen Ink

Memento Mori

By Shakespril SILVER, Taguig, Other
Shakespril SILVER, Taguig, Other

Cogito ergo sum.

LEARN TO ACCEPT THAN TO EXPECT, IT HAS FEWER DISAPPOINTMENTS...the flower accepts that they are flowers so they begin to blossom and bring happiness to the world...the trees accept that they are trees so they bear fruits and provide shelter for those in need..why can't human beings be just contented in being rather than becoming?

The parallelism is not complete when we often look at the examples. Usually, people tend to have greater ambitions. In the book that I have read, I have discovered that there are two different kinds of ambition. One is from the mind. Human beings aspire for that kind ambition from their birth until their mortality. On the contrary, there is an ambition from the heart. Other creatures experience that. Well, man always wanted to achieve something divine but there are few who only wanted that for the betterment of mankind.

Remember that you have mortality- MEMENTO MORI.

on Jun. 6 2011 at 12:12 am
Shakespril SILVER, Taguig, Other

Cogito ergo sum.

I am happy to be a Filipino. a Filipino dreamer.

MishaSalud GOLD, Parañaque, Other

Carpe Diem.

It's short yet meaningful. It is also very well written too. I'm glad that there are young Filipino writers who understand this important concept of accepting versus expecting. Thanks! . . . Take Care always! Keep on smiling! Enjoy!