Is She Normal? | Teen Ink

Is She Normal?

By ash2011 GOLD, Middletown, Ohio
ash2011 GOLD, Middletown, Ohio

I'm Just one of those regular weird people- Janis Joplin

Nor[]mal [nawr-muhl]
- adjective
Conforming to the standard or the common type.

Is a platinum blonde,sky eyes,teenager with different outfits for every occasion normal?
Is a pale face,toned muscle, long haired guy normal? Who made up this
eccentric word? What is the standard person supposed to look,dress,or act like? If I stated my answer to them questions i'm sure your answers would be totally different. To be honest, normal should not be a legitimate
word. Noone goes by some how to be normal for dummies handbook. Everyone is unique. Individuality is what matters to us as people. Is she normal? You know who i am talking about. That girl, she has no friends,jet black hair, pants with chains dragging,and peircings all over her face. Is she normal? The girl that once was Mrs.Popularity until she caused a drunken tragedy. Is he normal? That boy, the one who wears red lipstick, tight t-shirts, and is on the front cover of todays newspaper, he was murdered for being abnormal. Your individuality can be destroyed by any nameless,faceless person that wants to hurt you for daring to be different rather than this abomination of an adjective, normal. Every one person is unique for a reason, not normal. Love yourself, be proud of who you are.

Got feedback? (=

I would appreciate it!

Thank you
(my point in this was not to be stereotypical,but to embrace individuality and not "normal")

Rogersright BRONZE, Thomasville, North Carolina

"Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned"

Great work , too many people have there own opinion of what they think is "Normal" but really not any two people are exactly the same so who exactly is "normal" . I think you did a good job at explaining that .