Being Productive :) | Teen Ink

Being Productive :)

November 2, 2023
By pk_aidan BRONZE, Cupertino, California
pk_aidan BRONZE, Cupertino, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In this story, I want to share how we are wasting our time staying at home on devices. I tried focusing on showing the stress that the character is going through.  One thing I like about this story is that I talked about a real problem in life for teens.  As children, we should make every day of our lives memorable. We should go outside more, explore the nature of the world. The more we grow and mature, we may start realizing that you wasted your time. A 16 year old boy was always coming home from school and immediately going to play his video games. Until dinner, then even after dinner, till night, he would keep playing. To the point where he has to rush all his homework and get sloppy results. 

“BRYAN! DINNER TIME.” 

“Okay mom! I’m coming, give me 5 minutes!” I shouted back.

I finished my game and told my friends I had to go. I always feel annoyed whenever this happens because I just want to keep playing with my friends. After dinner, I went back up and played some more games. Game after game, there was shouting, there was happiness. 9:00. “It’s getting late, I'm going to do my homework, bye guys.” I told my friends. I started doing my school work. I opened my planner, Math - Worksheet 32  Language Arts - Finish Set Piece  History - Finish questions on American Revolution. “Oh shoot.” I rustled through my binder, and immediately started with my work. I was rushing it, my handwriting was terrible, I don’t even know if I can read it myself. I scrunch my hair with both hands. It was hard to focus, my head was already wasted. 10:10. “Ok, ok, set piece is done, math then history now. ” I rustled through my papers to find my worksheet and history papers. I kept writing and writing trying to do my best. 

My mom came into my room, “Hey, Bryan, go to sleep , it's late.” 

“Wait mom, please I’m almost done with my homework.”

“Geez Bryan, do it during the day, you’re always on the game.” She closed the door.

11:01. I finished. I felt so tired so I shut off the lights and plopped myself onto my bed. I felt bored so I reached for my desk next to me. My hand searched the desk and then I found my phone. I turned it on and started scrolling through my Tiktok feed. 1:20. My eyes were closing on their own. My unconscious body lay there, staring at my bright screen. I slept.


The author's comments:

I like food and having fun. I made this piece to motivate other children to go outside more and have quality time with others.