Social equality and justice | Teen Ink

Social equality and justice

By Riyajadia BRONZE, Mumbai/ Badlapur, Other
Riyajadia BRONZE, Mumbai/ Badlapur, Other
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

"Aliya at least help me with dishes don't try to escape from work in the name of studies" her mum said, I know it's hard for them to pay her fees being in general category as she comes from a weak financial background I also know students you are from wealthy family yet enjoys fees waiver because of caste system. It has been followed in my country since ages but the question is, is it really fair? Let's talk about equality, equality can be defined as equal opportunities provided to every individual, while talking about justice it is a righteous behaviour without any partiality. According to me equality and Justice should go hand in hand although look at the irony.
My personal experience of scoring at 90% and getting rejected by my dream college and at the same time other student getting accepted even after scoring 70% sucks. I believe opportunities should be equal for everyone, you cannot make everyone run the same race but make them start with different points, correction of unfair play is very difficult. Corruption also plays a vital role to spread injustice and unequality as it is illegal as well as it only opens helping doors for wealthy people.
Fields like household work and babysitting are expected to be done only by women, patriarchy exist!! Being a girl, I am mostly made to follow certain set of rules while on the other hand boys have complete freedom, where is the equality?
Giving lectures about gender equality is easy but do all the rape cases victims gets justice ? Yes Constitution provides us all with equal rights and opportunities but can everyone really enjoy it?