How can we have a gender equal society? | Teen Ink

How can we have a gender equal society?

By yujink BRONZE, Seoul, Other
yujink BRONZE, Seoul, Other

It is 2021 and gender inequality is a significant problem in every country. Women still get discriminated in their workplace and home. According to a research, it is shown that in most countries, both genders do not prefer or like women as a leader. It's because people tend to have stereotypes that women are shy and do not have a powerful aura. This stereotype is the reason why people do not prefer women leaders or women in a senior position. Which leads women to not go out for elections or senior positions.
And what I am trying to say is, how can we break this cycle and make our society into a 'gender equal country?' Women need to change first. They need to speak to people how they are feeling. If they feel uncomfortable because of someone, she needs to tell them because they don't know if you don't say. It is the same at home too. Women should have a conversation with the family members about her hardships.
If countries and cities start promoting gender equality, it would make a big difference. Let's take Korea as an example, Seoul city did The Making Seoul a Safer City for Women Project. It acknowledged the existence of issue of violence against women. According to a research, rates of violence to women have been steadily decreasing. For people to change their views and behavior about women and gender equality, they need to see it more. Seeing gender equality promotions on the streets and internet will make a positive change in the society.
If we carry on to talk about gender equality and start making big and small changes, people's view on women is going to change. And then the society would change too, eventually. What we have to do is carry on to give attention to the subject and not forget or ignore it.