The Future Is Coming Too Fast | Teen Ink

The Future Is Coming Too Fast

By Olaf.lover GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia
Olaf.lover GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

You go there every weekday, for about 8 hours. Many good things, and many bad things happen here. You meet most of your friends here. We all wish it would be something cool, like when we were younger and loved it. Some of us still do. A place that, has even be described as a prison. It is a place called school.

You may love it, you may hate it, but most people tolerate it. No matter how you feel about it, you still have to go. Yes, there are the few students the flunk out, but for the most part you are stuck. You do class, homework, and study for the never-ending quizzes. You make think there is not time to hang out with your friends. Some days, you even have to pull all-nighters.  No matter how you fell you are forced in.

When your done, you are faced with how much extra school  am I willing to take to get a job I will probably have for over 20 years.  As a kid you have to get good grades so you can get into collage. Then you have to do well in collage and get a job. Being scared, worried and not sure. This way or that. When you turn your head you realize that there is no one there to help.  Why would you want to grow up so fast?

The friends, the enemies they all live there. You wish and pray they will go away when you get older. They do but new ones come in. There is love and there is hatred. There is brake ups and betrayals. Yet, still many say high school and collage is amazing. Judgment, and peer pressure. How will I know I am doing things right?  We are so young, and so fragile. Why do they trust us to make these desertions?

When it is all over, I don’t know. For now though, we still have projects with people who don’t work. Pop quizzes on stuff we haven’t learned. And dreams of what will happen next. I don’t know what the future will have in store. Even if I am in school for 16+ years to have a job. That is 16+ years I don’t have to worry about what happens next, and where to go. So when it comes to school, Just do it.