Lunch Laws | Teen Ink

Lunch Laws

March 12, 2015
By Anonymous

Have you ever been agitated about the ridiculous rules that come with a "gourmet" school lunch? I have, and I know I'm not the only one. School lunch is ridiculously expensive, especially considering the quaity of the food. Recently, my school served us nachos for lunch. People actually paid $2.55 to get 10 chips, covered in cheese and, what they call, "meat" as a meal. Today, I got salad for lunch and TRIED to get water with it. I didn't have enough money in my account to get water, but the lunch lady told me i could get a milk or juice. This wasn't a problem for me, but what about someone who is lactose intolerant? Or simply doesn't like milk or juice? Water is a NECESSITY to live, shouldn't it be cheaper, or come with a lunch? Another thing that bothers me about school food is the quality. During my freshman year, I bought a bagel and cream cheese for lunch. When I sat down to eat and opened the cream cheese, it was covered in mold. I was so disgusted, I refused to eat the cream cheese from my school until my sophmore year. I don't know if other students at other schools feel the same way as I do, but I know some changes need to be made.