Ways to Manage Stress | Teen Ink

Ways to Manage Stress

By apurvis SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
apurvis SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

High school students juggle many activities, including school work, sports, jobs, etc. We try to succumb the amount of homework that we have to do outside of class by using our study halls efficiently. But normally 40 minutes is not enough time to finish the ubiquitous amount that we are assigned. “Mom, I don’t have time to run to the grocery store, I have soccer practice until 5 and work until 9, I don’t know when I’m going to do my homework!” Having such a busy schedule can cause the amount of stress to reverberate and never go away. Here are some suggestions that can help you reduce the amount of stress in your life.
1.
Don’t be malignant to others because you can’t have everything your way. Sometimes you have to compromise with others in order to finish what’s on your busy schedule.
2.
Make time to grab a quick bite in the morning; this will help you feel more energized and ready for school.
3.
Go to a remote place where no one can bother you when you are doing homework and do not allow anyone to thwart you from staying focused.
4.
Pace yourself. Write down everything you have to finish that day and be sure you give yourself a little respite to relax.
5.
Don’t be fretful because you don’t think you can get everything done. This will only stress you out even more.
6.
Don’t procrastinate! Be a harbinger because if you save everything for last minute you may not have time to finish.
7.
School comes first, if necessary talk to your coach or boss and explain that you need less hours at work or that you can’t make it to this one practice. They will understand.
8.
If you are getting frustrated and can’t seem to finish a piece of homework, move on and come back to it later.
9.
Some people say that being in a sport will be excruciating, especially because Arrowhead is such a competitive school, but this isn’t true. Being in a sport is like having another support system.
10.
Treat yourself to a fun night with friends.
I hope that these tips can allow you to have a less stressful high school experience. The most important thing is to simply have fun and don’t miss out on anything. Here at Arrowhead there are numerous opportunities given to you, take advantage of them.