School Uniform | Teen Ink

School Uniform

September 27, 2009
By Tess Cullen BRONZE, New York, New York
Tess Cullen BRONZE, New York, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Uniforms cost a lot of money, because you grow every year and the uniform gets shorter. Parents also want to save money to spend on other stuff. Also, you can ONLY buy it in the uniform shop on Wednesdays in the mornings.


Another reason why we shouldn’t wear school uniforms is because school uniforms can sometimes be uncomfortable. It can be tight when the t-shirt is tucked in so, that’s why some people want to have it untucked. Also when it is a hot day some times it gets really hot and you need to take your t-shirt out. School uniforms are sometimes uncomfortable because they are tight, the collar is annoying and the pants are very thin.


If you change schools, you would have to buy “NEW” school uniforms. It would cost a lot more money; because you would have to get rid of all of you’re other school clothes and buy “NEW” school uniforms for you’re “NEW” school.


School uniform comes in a limited range of sizes and might not fit everyone, because everyone comes in different shapes and sizes. Everyone’s body is different because everyone is individual in different ways.


Colours of school uniforms might not reflect the sun. There for, it would get really hot in the summer time. You would also get very sweaty. It gets cooler in autumn, it gets cold in winter and it gets a little bit warmer in spring.


When people pick the colours of school uniforms we don’t get to pick them and the colours are always the same.


If you buy school uniforms, then you wouldn’t have as much money. If you don’t have much money to start with, then you won’t have as much money left for other things like food and other stuff.


School Uniform isn’t a good idea to wear because some people wear their school uniforms untucked and that makes not everyone else look the same.


If you only have one pair of school uniform and the pair that you have is in the washing, and it is time to go to school, you would have to wait until it has been washed and dried to be able to wear it and go to school.

That is all I have to say about school uniforms.