All Schools Should Offer Tech Classes | Teen Ink

All Schools Should Offer Tech Classes

In today's day and age many people have to rely on technology. Much of this tech inspires us in many ways. Technology requires coding before it can do what it was made to do. Some schools offer coding and graphic design,others don’t just because they feel there is no reason to offer a class because the school is filled with people who aren’t really tech savvy. Other schools are located more around the country and have a big amount of people who grew up on a farm and want to keep it that way. I believe that tech related classes should be offered in all schools.

I believe that many people feel that everything is becoming centered around tech and that many of these people want to become involved with this stuff. I want to take up a profession in graphic design and coding but my school doesn’t offer classes under these lines. The school that I go to has the ability to do these classes but they don’t offer them because more people take agricultural classes and/or take the classes they’re required to take and call it good up until college. I’ve asked the teachers in our school if they offer these classes but they said they don’t anymore because they can’t get enough people to take the classes.

These tech classes can help people connect more with tech and learn how to use it. The way things are now, people should have to learn how to use tech to better understand how their future could be. The tech we have today can help many people find out what job better suits their future. It can also help them learn this future plan such as how a computer works and/or how a motherboard works or how the internet runs. These are a few things that tech classes can teach you that come in handy later in life.

I think that if people are able to get these classes in high school then there will be more people that can qualify for jobs like video game design, computer repair, movie editor, and many more. Classes that require learning about technology would make these jobs easier to get rather than having to go to college to get the same learning that you would’ve gotten in one of these classes. Many new businesses could be made through these classes making new jobs for many people who have technical knowhow that isn’t being used.

In conclusion I believe that classes related to tech should be mandatory for schools to have because without them many jobs related to tech aren’t being done because people don’t have the knowledge and technological knowhow to take up a job like these. Many people don’t get the chance to take a class like these and go into another profession because the one they wanted would be to expensive to pursue because the only place to get taught how to do these things is college. So I believe we have these classes offered in schools for these reasons.