Advice to Freshmen Girls | Teen Ink

Advice to Freshmen Girls

By medquiban BRONZE, Hawthorn Wds, Illinois
medquiban BRONZE, Hawthorn Wds, Illinois

Hey freshmen girls! You’re approaching the end of your first semester of high school and you’re finally figuring out your way around the school. However, you may still be wondering how to have the best high school experience. So, we took it upon ourselves, the most gucci high schoolers to ever exist, to spill the tea and tell you all how to be straight savages.

To begin, you may have always heard that grades are important. However, we beg to differ! Your parents say that your high school grades will affect what college you go to, but they don’t know what’s lit. Yes, your GPA is a factor of what school you will eventually get accepted to, but those don’t really matter until the second semester of your senior year. To reach maximum productivity, have your phone on at all times. It’s very important for you to answer your friends the minute your phone pops up with a notification. Obviously, this is what will matter in the long run. Just imagine when you go to college, what if you have no streaks? It sends a shiver down my spine just thinking about it. Along with this, don’t slack off on checking Instagram every hour. That’s just social suicide! Obviously, lack of attention and misinformation on the newest celebrity tea can lead to poor performance on a pop quiz in English.

Another important piece of advice would be the following: go out every weekend, especially when there’s school next day! As Cyndi Lauper stated, “Girls just want to have fun”, and I agree hundo p. I even have an example of a time that I didn’t listen to her! Basically, I didn’t go to a party and decided to stay home. Surprisingly, I read a book for English, did my AP world homework, and ate dinner with my family. I was awestruck, I had gotten eight hours of sleep in a world where concealer and caffeine shots mask our tiredness. I felt ashamed, I lost my clout points and my fomo was at an all time high. I am telling you, the opinion your friends have on you is more important than any schoolwork you’ll ever do. They have the power to leave you on read for hours on end! You must build up your clout. The street cred you carry in high school is what will get you into college, not some bogus test.

To recap, I hope you understand that high school will be the best four years of your life. Make sure to live your social life to the fullest. In all seriousness, no one wants to have a bad high school experience that includes studying, not hanging out with your friends, and avoiding social media. As long as you follow our advice, you will have a platter of colleges to choose from and your future will be as clear as water. The mountain of activities that we have suggested will light up your applications and prepare you for the real-world.