Today's Generation | Teen Ink

Today's Generation

February 5, 2016
By KayeIsWriting SILVER, Oxford, Alabama
KayeIsWriting SILVER, Oxford, Alabama
9 articles 0 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!" - Franklin Roosevelt


You know that one person who wears a really terrible cologne that smells like a skunk who's lived off of dead squid and Mexican food for half of their life but only because "it's a new trend"? Yeah. I know a lot of people like that. SnapChat, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Vine. Everything is at the tips of our fingers everyday. We could be making history. We could be inspiring people, creating dreams out of dust. Instead we throw the metaphorical mud in the air an dit comes back at our faces. It stains us. Sure, there's pretty soap, but everyone will remeber when you threw that mud. It's metaphorical, but it can still stink, hurt and stain you for life. What if people started throwing light glitter? That doesn't hurt, stain or stink. It might not be popular or totes-trendy-girl, but hey, it's better than seeking out that attention to be seen. If you want atention and you want to be seen, build a skill or a talent you could use as a hobby or a career one day. Don't go around busting people's guts trying to stomp your way to the top. That's just low down. My message that I want you to switch pages with: Put a prayer, inspirational quote, positive artwokr, advice or a picture of yourself without makeup/jewelry on and post it as: "Clean." Nothing else. Just put "Clean." No emojis, hastags or any other symbols. Try it for a week. Then progress to two weeks, then a month and eventually a year. Clear out your drama and stress like you try to clear acne. If you can clear acne, you can clear out your drama and negativity in your life. Try it. This is my advice to Today's Generation. Especially the 2020 Graduate Generation.


The author's comments:

I thought of this while I was in my writer's block/space out modes. I just wanted to leave some positive and inspiring advice to my generation.