Waiting | Teen Ink

Waiting

December 19, 2015
By aleyna BRONZE, Fair Haven, New Jersey
aleyna BRONZE, Fair Haven, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I wish I could be a writer, or a photographer, the bass player in a band, an artist, a hero, myself. There are so many things I wish I could be, so many things I wish I could do. Except, all I do is wait. I go through each day waiting for my “real” life to start. But it’s already started, I just haven’t realized. I spend so much time waiting to be who I really am, I have no idea who I really am. I don’t know what I like, or dislike, I don’t know what I’m good at, I don’t know what makes me laugh, I have absolutely no idea who I am. I spend so much time just waiting to be myself, I’ve never really figured it out. I think humans just keep wanting, and wanting, we never stop and just appreciate. Even after we get what we want we’re always just going to go to the next thing. I think we all need to learn that our lives don’t just start at some random point. They start when we want them to. When we realize that if we just keep waiting, the world will pass us by, that’s when our lives start. When we start to figure out who we are, and keep doing so each day. We take each and everyday for granted, and we are told that so many times, but we never really think about it.
 

We assume it’s not us, but the person next to us. By doing that we will always be the person next to someone, we’ll always be the person taking each day above ground for granted. We all need to realize that we have to try. We have to try to make our dreams come true, we have to try to live, not just to exist. We need to make a dent in this world, no matter how small, as long as we believe we accomplished something. As long as the people we hold closest to our hearts realize that we made an effort to not just survive but live. So our dreams can be passed on and we have permanently pushed memories onto people. Everyone thinks that to make a difference you have to be heard by millions of people. But to make a difference is to believe in what you're doing, not to care about how many people know. But to know that the people who know care. For everyone surrounding you to see the difference you want, the dreams you want, the ambitions you want, the life you want, the care you strive to let everyone know you have. The need to make yourself not just another face, but a person who has lived.


The author's comments:

I think about this so much and I want other people to feel inspired.