I Am Torn | Teen Ink

I Am Torn

By Abby.W. BRONZE, Hartford, South Dakota
Abby.W. BRONZE, Hartford, South Dakota

Live Life to the Fullest

Best friends are supposed to be the one person who is there for you no matter what. If that is true, then why are they the ones who ditch you for a guy or girl. Why are they the ones who go behind your back and talk bad about you? Why are they the ones who hurt you the most?

When you get dumped, when you get bullied, when you get frustrated and angry...thats nothing compared to how bad you feel and how hurt you are inside when you’re best friend leaves you. Nothing feels worse then getting told that your best friend only deals with you, because she feels bad for you, and you always feel bad for her and give her the attention she wants.

If you are there for someone no mater what, shouldn’t they be there for you? I thought so, until I got stomped on. Now I am sitting here receiving glares, wanting to say something. I just hold it in because I don’t want to make a scene.

Just hold it in, or you’re weak. Thats what I’ve always been told, and now I believe it. Letting people see your emotions is what hurts, because you are so open that they can hurt you more. Just hide it and you will be okay. Well I hide it, but it still hurts. Just because you don’t show it doesn’t mean it isn’t true.

I’m ready to explode and blow up, but I just keep thinking to myself, “one week, one day, then you’re done with school and everything will be okay.” But sometimes that one week and one day is one week and one day too long for me to deal with. Patience is key, but patience causes me frustration. Right now, I just feel torn.

Maybe best friends aren't all they are meant to be.