Americas obsession on fast | Teen Ink

Americas obsession on fast

By Prince Bailey BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Prince Bailey BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Imagine walking down the main street in your city with all of these business stores around you. From a couple stores down, you can smell the frozen french fries being dipped into the greasy oil coming from McDonald's. From across the street, you hear the steam of frozen burgers getting flipped onto boiling hot grills. And now your taste buds are eager for something to eat. America has a massive obsession on fast foods. Millions of Americans has joined this throughout the years gone by. Did you know that you maybe one of those millions?

America enjoys a bunch of different fast food places. But the most common and most frequented fast food restaurant is McDonald's. A lot of Americans choose to go to McDonald's because it is almost everywhere you go which makes it convenient and because of their inexpensive prices on their food. And also because how McDonald's make their food, fast, and cheap and also it makes it an addiction for the people so they always come back for more.

There are many things that eating fast foods can cause. Some of these things include damaging your body and health. It can cause you to become obese and you may become fatigue. The more obese you become, the more you'll be at risk for serious illness such as diabetes, heart disease and arthritis. And unfortunately, you can also be in chance of having a heart attack. Eating fast foods also can cause your blood sugar level to drop low, making you feel grumpy and wanting to carve more and more sugar.

What if your loved one died and fast foods were the one to blame. Would you want to continue to live your life off of fast foods?

On the other side of this argument, people say that the good thing about having fast food restaurants is that if you are running late to work in the morning and you haven't even ate breakfast yet, you can easily make your way to a McDonald's or even a Wendy’s for a “to go” breakfast. People consider it because its fast, easy, cheap, and also convenient. Which is the reason why millions are doing so. But should this convenient way be a way of living? Definitely not.

Imagine 300,000 body bags lying across a field filled with dead bodies. All these people died because of the same reason: fast foods. They could have prevented their death, but they chose not to. Maybe they weren't aware of the consequences. Maybe they were addicted. Maybe... Who are those 300,000 people? They are the 300,000 people that die yearly because of fast foods, as research shows. Fast foods create health issues, such as obesity, fatigue, ect. Maybe if you're running late to work, one stop at a fast food restaurant is okay. But if continued, the worst case scenario would be you joining the 300,00 people. So don't become statistic. Be aware. Be careful. Be different.

Fast food issues