The Little Girl I Used To Be | Teen Ink

The Little Girl I Used To Be

July 10, 2010
By princess6 GOLD, Berwyn, Illinois
princess6 GOLD, Berwyn, Illinois
10 articles 0 photos 42 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You choose your own destiny" :)


Eeeepp I yelled out when I got a razor cut, I know it was completely childish but it really hurt, then I thought to myself why was I doing it then. Ok so I’ve needed glasses since I was 3, and have recently been begging my parents for contact lenses, then it came to me, I remember wearing my Mickey mouse glasses with pride, and getting so excited when people told me that I looked so smart with my glasses, what had happened to that little girl? I’ve recently been wanting to get my eyebrows done and my mom said that she would gladly take me, but then I remembered the little girl that was so proud of her thick dark Mexican eyebrows, and that wore them with pride, and when I got so happy when some one told me I had such bold features, what had happened to that little girl? As I was putting skin care treatment on my face, and I remember that little girl that had no care in the world and would care less if she had a pimple, what had happened to that little girl?. I remember that little girl, knowing that used to be me. I looked at myself in the mirror ashamed of what I have done, I’ve let our superficial society take over, when that little girl cared about nothing except getting to watch Sesame Street every morning. I remember the little girl that didn’t care about name brands and having the latest Abercrombie jeans and Uggs. I looked closely in the mirror and I was able to find that big brown eyed round faced little girl..that I once had been. I missed being her, I felt so ashamed that I wanted to change my looks and cared so much about name brand clothing, I realized that the little girl had something I didn’t have and that was happiness, she had joy over the smallest things..and now the only thing I wanted was to be her again…but it’s not as easy as it was before.


The author's comments:
"This is the stroy of my life..and I'm still trying to put together all the pieces..and to love myself"