If We Lived In the Anime World | Teen Ink

If We Lived In the Anime World

October 22, 2015
By Cinny BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Cinny BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Many people don’t quite understand how the Japanese anime world works because, of course, we are living in reality or they don’t know what anime is. Just imagine how different the world would be if everyone acted as though they were from a favorite anime of theirs.

Oh yeah, it’s not just the dramatic voicing or the random gasps that anime characters make; it’s also just the way they stand and what they wear. Basically, just how a normal anime character would be.

First of all, for those who do not know what “anime” is, let me give you a brief summary. Anime is a Japanese cartoon that, for most of them, originated from Japanese comics called, manga.

Most of you have probably already seen some of the famous and well known animes here in America. Just to name a few, there’s Sonic the Hedgehog, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, and Yu-Gi-Oh. All of these are animes which originated from their own manga. Now, some people may not have realized that these were animes until just now or recently.

I had a cousin who once told me that she hated anime and thought it was dumb and ridiculous to watch—for the most part, telling me that she would never watch one. But funnily, I could catch her every Saturday at the same time (7:00 am) sitting in front of the television with a bowl of Captain Crunch and belting to the theme songs. You could just imagine the face I made when she told me she didn’t know the shows were animes…...

Yeah, right. -_-

Cue the Naruto, Bad Situation song cause I went into extreme Super Saiyan mode on her afterwards.

If we lived in the world of anime, simple things would happen that you never considered before. For example: if you got into a fight with someone and were about to battle it out, right before the opponent would hit back, you would have a whole dialogue of what you didn’t expect would happen. Don’t forget to include that signature “gasp” before you think anything. “I didn’t expect for him to respond back. If I never even started it, I would’ve-,” and the unnecessary commentary would continue.

But, there are other things that you considered unimportant when watching an anime that could happen. For instance, if you were having a happy moment with a friend and you two were laughing away at something before that friend decides to ask a trivial question. And all of a sudden, out of absolutely nowhere, you start to explain your whole life story that has completely nothing to do with the question your friend even asked.

Like seriously. You could’ve summed it up with 10 words or less.

Or better yet, just answer the question and move on.

Besides, in the anime world, the close ups are ridiculous in every way. They put close ups at random parts and most of it is showing either the characters’ eyes, hands, and sometimes feet.

But don’t get me wrong. Living in the anime world has it’s benefits too. Living in a Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, or Pokemon themed world could spice up your life a little; make it more exciting than it was in reality. Some people may want to live in the anime world simply because they would just like to meet the characters of their favorite anime.

Mine, at the moment, would most probably be One Punch Man. If I could go into that world and become friends with Saitama and Genos, I would be willing to die right in that spot. #lifecomplete

And honestly, if you lived in the world of anime, the friends you have would care more about you and notice something is wrong the second they saw you.

Half the time in reality, you have to act upset for these buffoons to finally sense that you're mad or sad about something. In anime, all you have to do is sigh enough times for people to ask if there’s a problem. And even then, they would try to help by making you feel better. Here in the real world, people will ask what’s wrong to be nosy but won’t help in any way once you explain.

In my opinion, I would like to live in the anime world, but there are too many things that happen in a short amount of time. I’m too lazy to go fight off bad guys or have the responsibility to take care of 10 disorganized and messy girls if I was the main character in a harem. Reality is good enough for me and my lazy self as I binge on snacks and lay in bed all day long. And I wouldn’t change my life for something else if it meant there would be too big of some changes. But everyone has different opinions. Whichever works for you.

And just as a quick tip: if a person pauses an anime to talk to you, you must be a very important person because anime is our number one priority.


The author's comments:

Just simply thought about what life would be like if everything seemed like an anime. In some way, I hope that this gets more people to watch anime and get more involved in it.