Top 100 Songs Part 8 | Teen Ink

Top 100 Songs Part 8

May 7, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


30, This Love by Pantera, coming from Vulgar Display of Power, this is much like your average break up song except with Texas groove metal found all over it. With the somber verses to the anger inducing chorus, you might as well have a good time.
29, Black Metal by Venom, the official Venom anthem that have your head explode before you Can say "Hail Satan." Black Metal was the song and album that began this whole black metal, hail Satan thing to come with the Norwegian second wave.
28, Singularity by Ayreon, the first of four 20 minute tracks in The Theory of Everything. This one begins the story for us to behold from. Including people like Keith Emerson, Jordon Rudess, Thomas Youngblood and Tarja Turunen all making guest appearances here and there.
27, The Dumb Song, Psychostick, here's a question: Can you write a song about politics and the stupidity of the world? No? Well then it's Because You're Dumb. There's also about a part where one of the people to be Eminem and go Rap God right before your very ears. That takes true commitment.
26, Nemesis by Arch Enemy, the third track in Doomsday Machine, you can tell this Gothenburg band knows how to use their sound to their fullest possible sound. Angela Gossow`s voice helps with the atmosphere of anger and rage.
25, The Grand Parade by Blind Guardian, the final track to the new album Beyond The Red Mirror, this is a must listen to if you have to make a grand exit to your concerts or the album its self.
24, The Haunting(Somewhere in Time) by Kamelot, from The Black Halo, this is a more depressing song which also includes a guest vocalist named Simone Simmons from Epica. This is also usually considered the single of the album.
23, Iconoclast by Symphony X, if I haven't mentioned this already then I'll tell you this is the story of when humanity and technology merge into one and cause destruction to the world. Iconoclast is 10 minutes full of this great introduction to the rest of the story
22, Skullcrusher/Playing With Spiders by Overkill, the longest Overkill song I know coming from The Years of Decay and is very dark, evil, and heavy on the groove/thrash idea. 10 minutes is the time you'll need to finish this colossal track and not, is it a heck of a journey.
21, Octavarium by Dream Theater, the title track to the concept album of scales. It was once my favorite track but now something has since took that title and left this in the dust. Filled to the brim with Easter eggs, symbolism and pure enjoyment overall. This may be a journey you would never want to end.